Veganism has become increasingly popular in India in recent years. A vegan diet excludes all animal products and byproducts, in addition to any foods that involve exploitation or cruelty to animals. In principle, a vegan diet is a pure plant-based lifestyle that emphasizes fruits, vegetables, seeds, grains, and nuts. In an interaction with ABP Live, Sarita Bazaz, Founder of The Food Affairs, revealed how veganism is an emerging movement that is gripping the globe by sharing some of the most delectable vegan recipes to try!
A chia pudding would be an attractive option to the conventional breakfast of toast or oats. Chia seeds are grains that are rich in nutrition and energy. Thus, a small portion of it could offer you a strong, stimulated start to the day.
Ingredients: 3-4 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 cup milk, and honey.
- Inside a large bowl, mix the chia seeds, milk, and honey.
- Allow it to settle for 10 minutes before giving it another gentle stir.
- Allow the pudding to thicken and cool. Let the pudding settle for at least a few hours (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, top with preferred fruits and nuts, or layer a fruit puree on the top.
Jaggery Granola is a natural source of proteins, dietary fiber, and critical nutrients, and it is packed with a richness of healthy seeds, jaggery, and cinnamon flavouring to make the meal hearty, delectable, and crunchy.
Ingredients: Oats, coconut powder, pistachio, a few sliced almonds, jaggery, maple syrup, blackcurrant, glazed cherry, and salt.
- Set aside the oats after roasting them in a large pan until they turn golden brown.
- Then, separately, roast the nuts and seeds in the same skillet with a tablespoon of oil until lightly browned and set it apart as well.
- Heat the jaggery in a wide, deep-bottomed pan over low heat until fully melted.
- Mix the roasted oats into the jaggery in the pan till thoroughly blended.
- To avoid burning, keep stirring the mixture consistently.
- Add the nuts, blackcurrant, and seeds and continue roasting on low heat until the jaggery caramelizes and the granola turns a dark golden brown.
- Now add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix well.
- Take it off the stove and stir all of the ingredients together for another minute.
- Lastly, let the Granola cool completely before transferring it to a sealed container.
Apple cake is a light, soft, spongy recipe made with whole wheat flour that keeps the taste buds delectably intact and leaves the body feeling light after consumption.
Ingredients: A touch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Then, to the dry ingredient combination, add half a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Set aside the dry ingredients after sifting them twice. In a blender container, combine 2 cups sliced apples and 3/4th cup raw sugar to make an apple puree.
- Add 1/4th cup oil to the puree, followed by 1/2 cup water and either almond, cashew, or coconut milk.
- Finally, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and stir until all of the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Keep in the microwave for 10- 15 mins and the fresh delight is out and ready to eat!
Roti Jala, which translates to “net bread,” is inspired by a fisherman’s net. This is a healthy and light evening snack when served with the traditional stew, Moong Bean Salad, Spicy Sambhal, and Pachadi. The roti was revived in an Indonesian cultural context to complement and be used with other traditional food dips.
Ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1 cup water, 1 cup coconut milk, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon turmeric, and vegetable oil as needed.
- Whisk together the flour, water, coconut milk, eggs, salt, and turmeric in a medium mixing bowl until well blended.
- Poke three holes in the cap of a plastic water bottle using a paring knife or fork.
- Fill the bottle halfway with pancake batter. Over medium heat, gently oil a saute pan.
- Invert the water bottle swiftly and spray the batter in quick circular motions to make a netlike design.
- Allow one to two minutes for the pancake to cook. Don’t flip it and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Take off the pan, fold in the sides, and roll up. Serve with gravy and enjoy.
- To summarise, becoming vegan requires no change in our fundamental moral views, but rather a commitment to be healthy and sensitive to the environment that shapes us.
Hope these vegan recipes help you to relish the joy of taste!