Australian Open: Japan’s Kei Nishikori withdraws from tournament due to prevailing hip injury

0
0


Japan’s Kei Nishikori has withdrawn from this month`s Australian Open Grand Slam because he is still recovering from a hip injury, the 32-year-old said on Thursday.

Nishikori, who reached a career-high ranking of fourth shortly after becoming the first man from Asia to reach a major final at the 2014 U.S. Open, has been plagued by injuries in recent years and struggled for consistency.

“Since the end of last year I have been struggling with my hip,” Nishikori, currently ranked 47th, said on Twitter https://twitter.com/keinishikori/status/1479115836686159881. “It is not 100% recovered yet and I will have to pull out of the Aussie swing.

“This is very disappointing as the Australian Open feels like my “home” Grand Slam… And can`t wait to be back next year.”

Nishikori suffered a first-round exit in last year`s edition of the Melbourne Park major. The tournament begins on January 17.





Source link

Previous articlePM Narendra Modi got ‘troubled’ in 15 minutes, while farmers protested for a year: Navjot Singh Sidhu
Next articleStocks are flat as Nasdaq attempts recovery from 2-day tech rout
SATARK NEWS ENGLISH was launched in 2020. And in just a few months, it became the famous English news website in India and abroad. And now we publish with three different languages English, Hindi, and Urdu.