New Delhi: Teej are important festivals celebrated in the Hindu culture. There are three teej festivals celebrated in a year – Hariyali Teej, Kajari Teej and Hartalika Teej. It is celebrated by women in north India, especially in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Women pray to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and observe a nirjala fast (without food and water) for the well-being of their husbands.
Kajari Teej is celebrated three days after Raksha Bandhan and five days before Krishna Janmashtami. It is observed during the Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month or Shravana month.
This year, Kajari Teej falls on Sunday, August 14, 2022. The Tritiya tithi will begin at 12:53 am on August 14 and end at 10:35 pm on the same day.
Devotees have to wake up early, take bath and fast the whole day. Women place clay idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati on a red cloth and worship them by performing aarti, lighting incense sticks and lamps.
They offer 16 items related to married women to Maa Parvati that include Bel leaves, cow milk, Ganga water and Dhatura to Lord Shiva. They then listen to stories of Shiv-Gauri wedding.
Unmarried women can observe the Teej vrat to wish for a desired life partner.
Share these messages to your family and friends:
- May the festival of Teej fill your life with ecstasy, ensure the well-being of your spouse and children and purify your body and soul. A very Happy Badi Teej!
- May Parvati shine her divine light upon you and your husband and bless your married life with laughter, love and kindness. May your fasts bear fruit. Happy Kajari Teej.
- This Kajari Teej, here’s extending my warm greetings and best wishes to you and your better half a blissful married life. May the blessings of Mahadev and Mata Parvati always stay with you and your family.
- May Mahadev and Mata Parvati bless you and your spouse with their choicest blessings on the auspicious occasion of Kajari Teej.
- Sawan jaldi aayo re, Maharo dil dhadka jaaye, Saawan jaldi aayo re. Kajari Teej Ki Hardik Badhai.
- May this Teej light up for you, the hopes of happy times and dreams for a year full of smiles. Happy Kajari Teej 2022.
- Let’s celebrate this auspicious festival of Kajari Teej festival with happiness and joy.