Every other day there are new trends on social media, whether it be quick DIYs or stunning makeup looks. Similarly, a new makeup look called the ‘Cold girl look’ or ‘I’m cold girl makeup look’ got viral on TikTok and Instagram this winter season. As the name suggests, the cold girl makeup gives the perfect natural winter look with glossy lips, flushed cheeks, and shimmer-laden eyes.
In an interview with ABP Live, Avleen Bansal, MOIRA’s Head of Trainings said, “cold girl makeup look is exactly what it sounds like. The idea is to appear flushed and glistening as if you were just outdoors constructing a snowman. Consider it an après-ski look without the need to go skiing.”
“The greatest part is that the items you’ll need to complete the look are almost certainly already in your makeup bag, which is always a plus,” she added.
She further explained how you can create the look with simple steps:
- Begin by preparing your skin with cleanser, toner, and moisturiser to ensure that your makeup looks natural, smooth, and perfect.
- The next step would be to conceal the imperfections and balance the uneven skin tones with concealer. Using a beauty blender, mix everything together.
- To get a silky smooth matte look, set the base with translucent powder.
- Then comes the fun part: apply as much blush as you want. Apply cream or liquid blush in a cooler tone, such as pink or mauve, to the apples of your cheeks, the tip of your nose, and above your lips. For a natural pink tint, blend it in with a brush or your fingertips.
- All over the lids, apply frosty or pearl finish eyeshadows in silver, lavender, pastel blue, or pink.
- Use a highlighter on the bridge of the nose, the tip of the cheeks, and the inner corners of the eyes to add dimension and a dazzling winter shine to your face.
- Finish with a red lip colour or lip oil for a diffused lip effect.