New Delhi: World Smile Day is celebrated on the first Friday of October every year. This year it is on October 7. A simple smile may relieve even the worst stress in our life. It is even better when we are able to bring a smile to someone else’s face. This is what World Smile Day is all about.
World Smile Day 2022: A brief history
The idea for World Smile Day was initially put forth by American artist Harvey Ball. He created the recognisable smiling face image in 1963. Harvey eventually realised that the “over-commercialization” of his insignia had robbed it of its original meaning.
He created the idea for World Smile Day, a day devoted to deeds of kindness, as a consequence of his anxiety. The first Friday in October has been recognised as World Smile Day since 1999. The Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was founded in his honour when he passed away in 2001.
World Smile Day 2022: Theme
The theme for World Smile Day 2022 is “Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile”.
World Smile Day 2022: Wishes
- A smile is the best ornament we can wear each and every day to brighten up the world. Happy world smile day.
- An optimistic attitude may let you go far. On this World Smile Day, smile brightly, be joyful, and enjoy yourself.
- Smiling will make you appear more inspiring to someone who is observing you. Keep a constant smile. Happy world smile da
World Smile Day 2022: Quotes
- “If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.” — Andy Rooney
- “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
- “Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” — Anna Lee